Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vegas!

After our fun 4th of July weekend it was time to get busy wrapping up some obligations and getting ready for vacation!
Fun things to wrap up...a diaper cake for Goins.
Not so much fun. Trying to get lots of hours in at work before leaving town and packing.
But once everything was order we were off to Vegas!

We stayed at Aria which is a newer hotel in the City Center.
Thanks to Kenny's sweet talking and a $20 we were upgraded to a sweet room that is by far the nicest hotel room I've ever had.
I won't bore you with the millions of room pictures I took but here was our night view of the strip.
Our first night in town we had some delicious veal sliders (sorry Steph!) before heading to see Ka.
Just like all the cirque du soleil shows it was awesome. I am always amazed at the athletic ability of these performers and the stories they are able to tell. No pictures allowed during the show but we had some pretty sweet seats.
Friday was a full day spent on the strip window shopping (dreaming by the Gucci store) and some cheap gambling.
Kenny had been dreaming of some NY style deli food so we stopped by Carnegie Deli to split a huge sandwich.
I liked the sign :)
Obviously thrilled about having his photo taken while eating
That evening we saw the Elvis Cirque Du Soleil which was absolutely amazing. Kenny and I both agreed it was the best show we had seen in Vegas. It was honestly a moving production of an amazing life. I would love to see this one again!
Waiting to see the show
After the show we headed to a pub in our hotel for a dark beer fix.
I loved my Big Boy Beer Flight and fries.
I am sure one had something to do with the enjoyment of the other but I thought those fries were the best thing I had ever eaten.
Kenny and beer
Beer and Me
The next day was spent with more sight seeing and of course more eating.
(Obviously food was my favorite part of Vegas)

Yummy Mexican food at Tacos & Tequila
Me
Kenny and the Osmonds
Desert from Jean Philippe Patisserie
We had a great time in Vegas and are spending this week trying to adjust back to normal life (and sleep schedule)!







1 comment:

Jon, Erin and Riley said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Vegas! I'm totally jealous! You look great by the way!