Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Year so far...

So far 2011 has been pretty good.

Like most people I have my goals for the new year.

Mainly get back into a healthy routine.
This pretty much sums up my holiday eating. This is the dessert my family and I shared New Years Eve...it was a rocking party obviously.
The holidays found me going overboard on food and drink so I was ready to get veggies back into my life.

I kicked off the New Year with an oh so trendy cleanse. You know you don't eat carbs, dairy, or eggs and your basically hungry all the time. However the hardcore part of it is over and although that is not a lifestyle for me I am back into a rountine of having fruit and veggies make up the bulk of my meals.
This is a good thing.

My day is now starting with this...
And lunch looks like this..
And I feel much better. So veggies are here to stay.
Next up in the health goals will be getting back in working out mode.
The cold isn't helping my case but it's time.

Another positive part of the holidays being over is more free time on Fridays.
That means Friday mornings are back in Mrs. Adams class with Kaleb.
Those kids are a blast and I love being able to spend a couple of hours with them.

These have been the biggest undertaking of the month but Erin's wedding celebrations are coming up so we will be busy soon!

I hope everyone is having a great year so far!

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

That breakfast looks gross :)

Ashley said...

The green stuff I'm not sure about but the salad looks good!

Let me know if your going running anytime soon!

Kristie said...

I guess I'm alone here but I love green monsters!