Thursday, March 10, 2011

It smells healthy in here...


This is what Kenny said to me as I was prepping our dinner of kale soup.
I don't think it was a compliment.

My boys were skeptical and who can blame them?

Green leaves cooked into a soup?

I had tried to get them to like kale the way I do.

It didn't happen raw in salads or with baked kale chips. It certainly didn't happen with kale smoothies.

I thought this soup could be my answer.

Granted the ingredient list was full of veggies.

About 10 cups of this green stuff.

Carrots, onions, garlic, and chicken stock made the base.

Add some cannellini beans, sausage, and parmesan and we were ready to go.

It was so good! Kaleb ate it and my dear husband even had seconds.

The Iphone pics don't do it justice but trust me it is delicious!

Victorious at last! The boys like kale ( at least in some forms ) and I have a great new way to eat some greens.

Ok enough of my excitement over vegetables. Here's Kaleb psyched to get in the water.

He started back up with his swimming lessons and I'm confident we'll have an Olympic swimmer in no time ;)


4 comments:

Jenifer said...

Sounds yummy!

Suzanne said...

That actually sounds good! Kaleb looks adorable!

Chris said...

Your poor husband. That sounds awful.

Unknown said...

I think your soup looks good! I love soup of all kinds. I don't even know what kale is, but I would eat it!